PG Diploma in Radio,Television and Film Studies
DURATION: 11-months, July to May, Full-time
- Graduate from any stream with or without work experience
- Final year students awaiting results
- Excellent writing skills in English / Hindi / regional language
- Passion for films and television programmes
- Ability to be an ‘ideas’ person
- Ability to think visually and creatively
- Willingness to work hard in a highly competitive and creative industry
- Studio and outdoor photography
- Studio and outdoor videography
- Story, screenplay and script-writing
- 15-minute short fiction film
- 5-minute documentary films
- Television News Editing and Production
- Chat Shows / Studio Interviews
- Music Video Production
- Radio Documentary Production
The highlight of this programme is the live evaluation of students work on their YouTube channel. All students have to maintain their own YouTube channels and upload their work for evaluation.
ATTENDANCE: Being a practical course 90 % attendance is compulsory to qualify.
ASSESSMENT: Continuous non-exam, project-based evaluation with a final written examination and viva voce; Credit-based, Total: 150 credits; To Pass: 100 credits; 1 credit = physical attendance in one scheduled class session or performance in the relevant project or both
PLACEMENT: With leading production houses, television channels, stage and artiste management at events, audiovisual production for large events, advertising production, film producers/directors, audiovisual production for online channels
COURSE DELIVERY: Commits follows the globally acclaimed and adopted SPADE technique for optimum learning. SPADE technique involves rigorous Self-learning, Presentation, Analysis, Discussion in classroom and Evaluation. Researchers have proven that the SPADE course delivery method is most suited for media subjects and industry-driven courses that are highly dynamic and practical in nature. This sharply contrasts with regular and boring university/college curriculum and classroom lecture-based course delivery.
Students will get the benefit of taking any two of the following workshops/short courses free of cost during their course, adding value to their training and improving job opportunities.
1. Certificate in Content Writing
2. Certificate in Theatre Production
3. Certificate in Video Production
4. Certificate in Digital Media Marketing
COURSE DIRECTORS: Senior news and non-news producers, filmmakers, film critics, television producers, scriptwriters, experienced in-house faculty. The faculty will also mentor students who are keen to explore and expand their horizons beyond prescribed projects, tests, curriculum and coursework.
|Paper code||Name of Paper||Credits|
|PGDFT 101||Audio Visual CommunicationTheory||20|
|PGDFT 102||Still and Video Camera Techniques||10|
|PGDFT 103||Audio and Video Editing Techniques||10|
|PGDFT 105||Introduction to Cinema||20|
|PGDFT 106||Story, Screenplay and Dialogue (Script) Writing||10|
|PGDFT 107||Analysis of Filmmaking Techniques||20|
|PGDFT 108||Documentary Film Production (Practical)||10|
|PGDFT 109||Television News Production (Practical)||10|
|PGDFT 110||Short Fiction Film Production (Practical)||10|
|PGDFT 111||Radio Feature Production (Practical)||10|
|PGDFT 112||Music Video Production (Practical)||10|